Thursday, September 10, 2015

Strength and Encouragement Courtesy of Yoda

Courtesy of freeimages.com
I struggle with people-pleasing and caring too much what people think (among the many other issues I deal with. I know, I’m in process.). 

One cause of this is that I'm petite. Everyone is bigger than me. They can outrun me AND beat me up. Staying on peoples' good side is necessary for my survival, but over the years it's gotten out of hand. 

Overcoming and moving on from these issues has become a major theme for me. When I'm afraid or heartbroken or weary I look for the strength to stand.

I’ve been looking for quite a while. I'm still looking.

I realize now that I've had it backward.

First I have to stand, then I have to trust that the strength will be there when I take a step. 

I need to fake it ‘til I make it. I need to think strong because “as a man thinks in his heart, so he is.”  (Prov 23:7 KJV)

I need to take a lesson from Yoda -- Do or Do Not. There Is No Try. 

God said something similar when Israel was on the brink of conquering the Promised Land (this was the second time. They were too stupid/fearful/weak to learn the first time. Yay for second chances). Eight times Joshua and/or Israel were told,  "Be strong and courageous." Sounds like they needed as much en-courage-ment as I do.

God didn't command them, "Try to be strong and courageous." He didn't tell them, "Think about being strong and courageous."  He said to BE strong and courageous. If He commanded it, it must be possible.

I’m not going to try strong. I’m going to Do. 


And when I fail, as I surely will, there will be a second chance to move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment