Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Straight lines

I was driving on the interstate recently, listening to my iPod and lamenting the cloudy day it was. In the midst of my lament I began to see some of the clouds ahead breaking apart. It wasn't a dramatic, Hollywood thing where angels sing and streams of descending light beams bathe the earth with a heavenly glow. It was simply a few clouds letting in a few Jacob's Ladders. For some reason this reminded me of something I had heard years ago, that there are no straight lines in Nature.
Even the straightest-looking natural elements bend with the wind or have a slight curve somewhere. Beams of light are the only exception to that rule.
My nature, my human nature, has no straight lines, either. No matter how hard I try to straighten myself out I can't do it.
If I want my human nature to be straight, I need to follow The Light. If I want the best plan, the most direct and most reliable path, I need to follow the straight line of light rather than the bending curves of my very human nature.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5&6 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Spot ON! Thanks for the great application...I love Proverbs 3:5 & 6...
    Happy belated birthday, by the way, and congrats on the new nephew!!!--The smell of a newborn baby is so fresh & intoxicating--Enjoy!
    see you soon!
    Love,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete