Friday, December 12, 2008

Reflections from the mind of a 16 month-old boy

"What are you shouting about? It makes perfect sense to get Mommy's hairbrush and put it in the fireplace!"
"The leftovers will taste much better if I put my feet in the tupperware before she uses it."
"Dish towels belong on the kitchen floor, NOT on the hanger."
"The dog's water bowl, the dishwasher and the toilet are all acceptable places to play."
"It's not a good day unless I get a huge bruise somewhere on my head. Preferably as close to my eyes as possible."
"Throwing stuffed animals over the gate is fun. It is even more fun to watch Mommy put them away so I can do it all again."
"It is perfectly acceptable to put my shoes on to go somewhere, but NOT my coat."
"All buttons, levers, keyboards, drawer pulls, handles, and cords must be touched early and often."
"Individual packages of cookies and crackers taste much better after they've been crunched in my hands and thrown on the floor several times."
"Mommy's arrangement of knick-knacks is sorely lacking in composition and style. I must help her."
"Daddy's neckties look much more artistic in a jumbled pile on the closet floor."
"Toy remotes, keys, telephones, computers, ipods, etc are not near as much fun to play with as the real thing."
"Mommy and Daddy are starving our poor dog. I will be generous and share all of my food with her."
"Today my favorite game is 'Hide One of Daddy's Shoes.'"
"The scheduled nap time, which heretofore has been set in stone, is now negotiable, and may cease to exist in the near future."

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate!! I am so thankful to be a little more mellowed with age that I can find most of Jack's antics humorous and I realize how much I will miss it when he gets a little bigger! I can't even imagine Jack and Nathan together- yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these kinds of days with much laughter and much thankfulness! Relish them, just enjoy them...because they will pass really fast! And, you will long for those finger-prints! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete