Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just Call Me Israel

I'm taking a 2x4 to the heart today.

I deserve it. 

Actually I deserve much, much worse.

God has been hinting and telling and showing me some things for quite a while now.  I have assured Him every time that I do have it all under control.

Except that I really don't.

This is no surprise to Him.

Honestly, it's no surprise to me, either.

Denial is powerful but you have to face the truth sometime.

But oh, oh how it hurts.
___________________________________________________

I just switched over to Facebook for a minute.  A friend just this second put Jeremiah 29:11 as their status:  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Thanks, God.  I'm so glad to know You won't be mad at me forever.  Thanks for still loving me. 

2 comments:

  1. Denial is a powerful thing!! I hate when I don't listen to the whisper or the little pebbles and them the big rock is dropped to get my attention. I hope things are going better for you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the easiest thing in ALL of Creation to get mad at one David Michael Bombere.

    And the hardest thing in ALL of Creation to STAY mad at him.

    =p

    ReplyDelete