Tuesday, May 4, 2010

High Points and Low Points

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  2 weeks ago it was farming insanity and writing a speech in my head.  Last week I spent every spare moment writing the speech.  FINALLY last night I gave the speech and while I think my delivery could stand some improvement, overall it was a positive experience for the audience.  All along my prayer was from John 12:49, that God would tell me what to say and how to say it, and to the best of my knowledge (and ability) that seems to be what happened.  God is so amazing!

That was the high point.  The low point has been the complete lack of progress in potty training.  Major, major plateau.  Nathan's got the whole Number One thing down, but I'm nearly convinced he will attend college going Number 2 in his underwear.  I run the gamut emotionally from insane fury that he refuses to even try, to failure mode that I've irreparably screwed him up, to despair and resignation.  He'll start preschool in the fall.  I guess time will tell if he actually gets to attend.

On a lighter note, I have some new projects in the works that are too new to talk about here, but I hope to have details for you soon.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your speech went well. I can't even imagine all the work that goes into farming! Don't worry about the potty training- all of my boys were slower when it came to number two in the potty. I don't know what's with boys but eventually he will do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that you spoke and I was really excited for you!! i am sure that you did wonderful and they all love you as much as we do!! The potty training thing is a bummer, I feel for you! It isn't much fun cleaning up number 2!! Keep up the work at in time he will do fine, you are a good mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DID do a fabulous job speaking...our ladies LOVE you...the thing is, there were a LOT Of ladies not even from our church...so, perhaps that'll be a great place for 'leads' for more opportunities to talk! Potty training...it happens when they're ready...! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete