Monday, January 12, 2009

Color(s) of Love -- YOU Decide

A friend of mine posted a question: What color is love? I responded that I didn't think you could limit it to only one color. Later I elaborated on that theory:
When you let each other down love is blue. When you make each other smile it is yellow. When you're trudging together through the muck of life it is brown. When you honor each other it is a royal purple. During the many boring parts it is gray. When you are growing closer to each other love is green. Joyful times are a bright pink. When tempers flare love is orange. Love that is a decision to love as God loves us is white. Times of intense sadness are black. And red is, well, you can fill in your own blank. ;)

Agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear what you think.


2 comments:

  1. well said. "Life is like a box of chocolates", and Love is like a box of...crayons? Well, maybe, colored chalk, or pastel paints, but I could see each color clearly as you described them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Love would be so boring if it were only one color:) Hope you got some sleep!

    ReplyDelete