Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Addition to The List

I have an addition to my list of questions to ask God when I get to Heaven. #434 is, "Okay, Viruses. Please explain."
I know my God is in no way sadistic, but sometimes the mere existence of cold and flu bugs make me wonder. This is one of those times. Really, what purpose can they possibly serve other than to maim humanity and cause life as we know it to come to a complete stand-still? Maybe they're tools of Satan.
In early October Nathan got a cold. We only go to church and Walmart, so he had to get it at one of those two places. I think. When we go to Walmart I always wipe down the shopping cart and when we get home I wash my hands profusely... Anyway, he shared his cold with me. While his cold got better, mine became a sinus infection. Now he has yet another cold, and yes, he has again shared his virus with his mother. I'm thinking I should buy some stock in the company that makes the Z-pack.
Perhaps these tools of the devil serve purposes we as yet cannot see and may never see. Maybe they help keep nastier viruses and germs in check. Maybe they are designed to help you appreciate your senses of taste and smell. Really, I don't know, but I do plan to ask. On the bright side, I have lost 2 lbs. so maybe they're not ENTIRELY evil. When I hear from God I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. An allergist friend (friend who happens to be an allergist? That sounds awkward) told me that the more colds they have before age five, the less severe their allergies will be. That helped me not loose my mind when my kids were sick ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete