Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goals Schmoals

So my friend Joline and I are now over 2 months into our workout accountability, and I think it's going well.  We both slacked off A BIT during the holidays, but now we're back on track.  Yeah for us!


The nice thing is that this accountability seems to be rubbing off into other areas of our lives.  As you may remember from last year, Joline blogs at TheCuppaJo.  Today she informed me of her writing goals.  I thought that was a great idea so I came up with some myself.  They are:


1. Post in my blog at least once a week.
2. Write for 15 minutes a day.  As Flylady says, you can do anything for 15 minutes.  I am also planning to work out for 15-20, declutter for 15, and read for 15.  So far in 2010 that has all happened together in a single day, but I am trying. 
3. Start a Writer's Group.  Praying and seeking guidance on that one, but I believe this is what I'm supposed to do.  Hopefully more on that later.
4. Write a kick a** inspiring script for Ladies' Day on April 17.  You'll have to come to Ladies' Day to see how I do.


There.  I said it.  Or rather wrote it.  In print.  For all the world to see.   

YIKES!!!!  WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!!  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! (That's the sound of me running down the road, screaming and pulling my hair out)


Okay, so these are not earth-shattering goals.  I didn't say I wanted to write The Great American Novel or The Next Blockbuster Movie.  These just might be attainable goals FOR ME.  If I keep plugging away (and limit my Facebook time), by the Grace of God I might complete 2010 with something to show for it.


I'll keep you posted.


 
By the way, I've added a picture of "the office," where I plan to do at least part of the writing, which is really just a converted closet in the kitchen. 


I've also posted the bulletin board where I've listed these goals.  By the way, no slamming me on the messy desk.  I've not decluttered that far yet.




  

2 comments:

  1. One of my goals is to post more too. I went to the cutest blog on the block and turned my blog into a journal/scrapbook. It could not have been any easier and I was so happy to have some physical documentation of my life. Love you office by the way!! Keep Writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "office" is a converted storage closet off the laundry room. It's very convenient when I have to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete