Monday, April 13, 2009

Wow! It has been a VERY long time since I've posted on here! I'll try not to go that long anymore. The problem is that I've been using all my spare time (and creativity) writing a skit and a workshop for a Ladies' Retreat this coming weekend. I am VERY excited to have this opportunity to use some of the skills/gifts I have to His glory.
God has called me to speak. My "career" in this is not where I thought it would be by now, but that has more to do with A) my lack of vision and tenacity and 2) the fact that my idea of being a speaker and God's idea of me being a speaker seem to be 2 totally different things. I do have MANY other responsibilities in my life, responsibilities that only I can fulfill. What He is preparing me for I cannot see right now, but He knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)
His idea of prospering me may have nothing to do with speaking, or it might have everything to do with it. And I'm sure our definitions of "prospering" differ as well. Only He knows. And only He knows how much or how little speaking He wants me to do. But I plan to be ready, willing and able when the opportunities come. Anything beyond that is in His hands.

3 comments:

  1. You're right on! Your job is to be prepared when you hear the call. It can be tough to wait (I'm not a patient waiter!)but some little brunette chick (who looks too much like a leprachaun when she wears kelly green) once told me that God is always on time,never early! I'm glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words! Reminds me how Jesus said, "I do what the Father tells me to do." That's how you can be doing so many different roles! Because your one focus is to do what he said today! And by the way, did you post on the 13th since it was my birthday? Thanks! What a great gift! Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how spiritual you are and am glad you're retreat went well. All the Chicago family is great and it was so good to see everyone. Aunt Margot looks fabulous- not a wrinkle on her!! We still have lots of prayers going for Lori and family.

    ReplyDelete